Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 4 weeks ago

Why is everyone offended by the song “Baby it’s Cold Outside?”?

It’s a Christmas song from the 40s and 70+ years later, people are crying over it. Like wtf?

It's called mind control by the Thought Police. Here's an interesting article that features the "gun girl". See that here:

https://www.infowars.com/reporter-given-ticket-for...

• Emdog

Some people go out of their way to be offended over issues that have nothing to do with their lives so that they can feel superior...

There are many, many actions from our past that people try to change and make taboo. Slavery, women's suffrage, capital punishment, and having children at 13 are all issues that are very sensitive now that were common several years ago. The idea is not to be so offended it ruins the information that these paths aren't fair to others.

The life of a social justice warrior must be very miserable when triggered.

• Tony B

People aren't “offended” by it!

Because it's old.....lol

Sensitive snowflakes

"Everyone" is not offended by the song. In fact, most people are not.

I think most people misunderstand what the lyrics are about. I think the woman really wants to stay. She gives reasons why she should leave (my mother will start to worry, my father will be pacing the floor, the neighbors might think, etc.). "I ought to say, no, no, no, At least I'm gonna say that I tried" - meaning, as a woman at that time, it might be considered improper or slutty for her to stay and/or get it on with the guy, but she wants to, so she will say that she tried. But she didn't actually say no or try to leave.

"Say what's in this drink" is not about a rape drug or the guy putting alcohol in her drink without her knowing, IMO. I think she is making an excuse about why she should stay, saying that she is drinking alcohol and it is making her drowsy and woozy. It being cold outside is just another excuse about why she should stay. But, again, she really wants to stay.

That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so there is nothing wrong with some people interpreting it to be about a guy not getting a woman's consent. It seems to me that there are more people offended by people who think it is about a woman being taken advantage of or being raped than people who are offended by the song. Many people seem to feed on divisiveness. When you think about it, it is the interpretation of the song that people are not in agreement on. The vast majority of people are against sexual assault and rape.

• Brian

Because everyone's all "woke" now. And they've been told to be outraged.

• Robert

#Igotfeltuptoo movement seems to feel the song is about drugging a woman and forcing her to stay overnight with an evil male against her free will. I say it is about how normal men and women courted back in the day that the song was written. Women played virginal and coy and men "talked them into physical relationships". Both genders (there were only two back then) enjoyed the experience and the male felt he courted according to what was normal at the time, as the female, who enjoy the experience just as much as the male, could justify doing what was done as being persuaded by drink and talk. Back in the 40s women liked men as much as men liked women.

Everyone is offended by everything nowadays, their are way to many snowflakes.