Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

What to do when home-life falls apart?

My home-life has turned to hell. 

Dad has multiple-sclerosis and 

acts like a depraved animal. Mom 

is worn out between harassed by 

dad and working 60 hours/week. 

I can't function like a normal 

human-being when I'm around 

them. The only way I can is 

if I stay at the library all day. Help!

Favorite Answer

Again? Really? You post this same story over and over. Time to stop whining and get off your butt to do something constructive with the time you waste on YA. Even if you cannot have compassion or empathy for your own parents, learn to let things go. When you hit 18, get a job and move out. That is what any grown adult does when faced with a dysfunctional home situation.

• P.L.

Seek help from social services. They will know which other services will be able to help in the household.  You dad can, probably, not realise that his behaviour hurts others.  He will be depressed and upset/aggravated by the change in his physical abilities. He will not be in control of his emotions right now.

If he was a nice, kind, polite, helpful man before the M.S struck he will be grieving for the loss of those abilities he had before.  He might, eventually, begin to accept his illness more but, in the meantime, try to love him as much as before, be patient with him and help your mum as much as possible because she is suffering also.  You all are. Accept any help offered from individuals, the health service, social services, neighbours etc. 

• David

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28, KJV).

I feel for you, what age are you. You are between a rock and a hard place. You will have to distance yourself as much as you can, and rely on your friends to get by. you will have to just try to get thru' it, until you are in a place to change the situation fro yourself. Looks like your father has not accepted ti, or  your mother is coping to well. Protect yourself first, otherwise you will not be able to help anyone. Your father should leave your mother alone, and man up to his own condition without bring all the family down. Mind yourself and stay in the library if that is the only way you can cope. eventually there will be a way

• reme_1

Maybe it's time for your mom to take charge of her life and put your dad in a nursing home. You and she need some peace and safe living conditions.

• Jake

As Jesus has told us, those who practice true devotion to His Sacred Heart will be granted peace in their families. It is important to keep practicing the devotion once peace is established and to do so carefully and attentively so the peace doesn't deteriorate.

Get a job .....and stop spamming this question

• In

Why don't you get a job to help out?

Talk to your mother, and ask her what you can do, especially around the house, to make her life easier.  When she comes home from work, give her a hug and tell her how much you appreciate all she's doing for the family.  Ask her about having a sit down with both of you and your father to see what can be done to make his life easier, or at least more comfortable.  Ask him if it would be okay with him to on occasion read to him passages or stories from the Bible.  Pray to God for help and guidance.  Good luck and God bless.