Lv 5
pacman asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

how to arrange numbers numerically on excel?

9 Answers

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    You have lines that go horizontally and column that go vertically to give you a CELL(or box) Each box must have a single number in it. 

    . That is the data

    The column is A

    The outside column is the numbers that are permanent for Excel(you can't change that order or count.

    You can only change the order of your data.

    You put in a number and hit Enter ...put in a number and hit Enter...etc until you are done.

    Now take the mouse arrow up to the A and click on it and it changes color. 

    Now take mouse arrow to data and click on it.

    Click on sort

    Click OK

    It will sort numerically or alphabetically.

    When you want to close the Excel window it asks if you want to save the changes


  • 1 month ago

    To sort in numerical order:

    Select a cell in the column you want to sort by. From the Data tab, click the ascending command to Sort Smallest to Largest or the descending command to Sort Largest to Smallest. The data in the spreadsheet will be organized numerically.

  • Dick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Use the sort function on the column or row and select the lowest to highest option.

  • 1 month ago

    highlight row or column of numbers. right click. sort A - Z

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    This all depends on what exactly you mean thanks Ian for more help see my you tube live stream and leave a comment for more help thanks Ian .

  • Greg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Use the sort button.

  • 1 month ago

    Click on the help button or I dont know, unfortunately

  • 1 month ago

    Highlight the range of numbers then hit click "sort ascending" or "sort descending."

  • 1 month ago

    Highlight all your data, every column.  Then use the SORT function to put them in order, ascending or descending.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.