What do I do?

I have severe depression and anxiety, me and my partner have had some issues lately because I wasnt open enough emotionally, I have been having tests for Cervical Cancer so my head is in a bad place, the day after the biopsy he walked out.. I just wanted him home but he says we need to do this.. What do I do? I'm constantly crying and I'm really not coping at all. Thank you in advance x

Favorite Answer

You are going through a lot right now, and I certainly hope that cancer tests are negative. The most important thing right now is for you to do your best to take care of yourself with sleep, reasonable nutrition, some exercise, and bathing. Avoid cruel or violent tv and video games, and focus instead on nature shows, comedies, and hobbies. Reach out to a good friend or family member you trust (or see a therapist) to talk a little about your feelings. Treat yourself with kindness, and if you can afford it, buy yourself a little gift, go to the movies, buy an ice cream cone. If you do this for a few days, you will feel better, and maybe be able to figure out why you're with someone who would walk out on you when you're going through so much. I think a therapist could help you a lot.

• Onlooker
      3 weeks agoReport

Again, focus on taking care of yourself, being kind to yourself, and spending some time with people who care for you. You will be okay. 

• Alfred

With  your kind permission, young lady, I humbly assume  you're  young enough to be my daughter.

I understand  you're traumatized , too, on top  of  your being with severe depression from the outset.

and as that's the way it is.

I ask you, I urge you, I call upon your wounded soul and I bless you in, from the  depths  of  my heart : stay strong, rock- solid and forever- blessed....yes

I want you to thoroughly  keep taking care of yourself and doing your best to tackle  your depression....yes

I want you and bless  you in -to NEVER  give up, to NEVER  break down, to NEVER   lose  your self - esteem and self - confidence.

I want you and heartily bless you in:  to brightly and boldly goon with  your life and stand up for your quality of life....yes!

• David

If you need to talk, I'm open.  Thundermist04167@yahoo.com

LMAO ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am so sorry to hear.  I will pray for you.

Why give control of your life over to anything?

Emotions are no indicator of reality.

You can sit in a movie theater and be afraid, when in reality you are perfectly safe.

NEGATIVE EMOTIONS: anger, fear and sadness.

There are only three, and variations of them.

*We're trained to hide weaknesses and show strength.*

They lied.

The advertising industry, corporations and the government want us to think we don't have enough; "You're not good enough." "Not cooool enough." It sells their products. It drives the economy. They made everyone insecure.

'THINK AHEAD' they told you; but think about what? You control nothing. Thinking ahead inspires fear of what's coming: this is anxiety.

Feel sorry for yourself, cuz no one else will? That hook will drag you into a deep, deep pit of depression: crippling self-concern. Put others needs before your own; this will get your mind off you.

Angry? Angry people don't want to show others they are sad, lonely and hurt. Hurting people hurt people. Let it go. Anger is NOT a god; it is not protecting you. It will destroy you.

Forgive. Most things can be brushed off. For deep betrayal, or willfull wrongs against you... forgive them because you need forgiveness too.... And if you don't forgive, God will not forgive you.

If you're guilty, take responsibility and admit it. Admitting guilt for the things you've done that have harmed others is the first step to healing. Be honest with yourself about yourself.

These are lessons Jesus taught me; just a few of countless lessons on my journey with him. Make him the Lord of your life: make him your bomb shelter. He wants nothing more than to take care of you, so let Him. He will comfort you, guide you, protect you and set you free from everything that harms you. He is the way and the truth and the life. You will finally enjoy yours and be a blessing to others if you humble yourself and seek mercy from him. He is your Maker, and He knows how to live life best, after all.

God bless you on your journey.

I would definitely consider getting counseling for this hard time. Know that things will get better even when it does not seem like it. The doctors helping you likely will have references to places for counseling that can be of help. It is normal to be anxious and sad during a time like this and counseling can be of big help. 

Don't listen to LAN, he bullies everyone on here and is just a low life. My regards to you and I hope things get better. Prayers. 

Watch sports with him and tell him how great a guy he is.