Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaGeneral - Australia · 1 month ago

If there's a climate emergency then why is it so cold in Melbourne right now?

I know Melbourne is cold but this cold in November? It's like the depths of winter here right now.

Update:

An unusually cold weather pattern is passing through Melbourne right now, something that's supposed to be a thing of the past yet at the same time is somehow a sign of global warming?  There's cult logic for you.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It's only 29 in NC. Way too cold for November. Where's our global warming when we really need it?

• dj
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Climate changes gradually not instantaneously.

• 1 month ago

Stay ignorant. 

• 1 month ago

Climate change is a religion.

• atomic fireball
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

You’re from Australia? You hate your continent’s aboriginal inhabitants and their spiritual, nature-based beliefs just as our early European immigrants here in the U.S. hated the Native Americans and their own similar beliefs? I hear ya. No surprise there...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jason
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I’m in Hawaii and snowing here too. I don’t understand 

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Global Warming" is a hoax, forced down our throats by Radical Marxists who only want to steal money and hog political power.  "Global Warming" fanatics know nothing about science!

The Master of Perception: http://tiolibooks.com/cgi-bin/blog Catch a Falling Star: http://tiolibooks.com/blank_1.html

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You are totally ignorant about climate change. Read about it, before you post stupid comments.

• These are just a few of the leading bodies that publish in the English language. There's many more written in other languages. Take a look at their pages - referenced back to credible peer reviewed science as opposed to mummy blogs and political bandwagons on facebook.

• 1 month ago

You just wait for summer. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Abnormally cold weather certainly sounds like a clear sign of a climate emergency to me

• 1 month ago

Don’t you realise that you are describing abnormal weather patterns? That is what a climate emergency is. It is still 35 degrees C in Qatar. It’s normally a lot cooler in November. Weather around the world is not fitting the normal climate patterns hence the emergency. 

Edit: Global warming refers to the fact that the average temperature of the world is increasing. Climate change refers to how new weather patterns arise which are different to the norm. Are you playing dumb or are you really just stupid?

• You're wasting your time HDB. People would much rather take advice on the science from politicians and social media bloggers than actual scientists. The concept of the scientific method and overwhelming consensus on peer reviewed studies is lost on them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.