American Politics Questions ?

1) Do you think Americans are more polarized? Or just members of Congress? 

2) Is partisan polarization bad for America? Why or why not?

• 1 week ago

I think there is a lot of polarization in America, generally, and in congress. "More" is a relative term. I'd say that we've been less polarized in past times, and more polarized in other past times.

Our current state of affairs is bad in some ways, I'm sure. I don't know if, ultimately, it will be all bad. I think the polarization is a symptom of worse things: lies and ignorance, for starters. If this mess inspires us to learn a lesson, maybe things will work out for the best.

• 1 week ago

it appears of those in any party most americans are in the Republican party.  what does that say

• Tom
    1 week ago

From polling it's been clear for years that American voters are economically more to the left across the board than their representatives , however the culture war is real.

This might come as a surprise to many who consider themselves centrist with right wing economic but socially liberal stances.

The two party system is dysfunctional.

• 1 week ago

We need to overthrow our capitalist overlords, they thrive on ignorance and apathy

• 1 week ago

Americans have it so good here that due to boredom and laziness they confuse willful stupidity with moral righteousness.

• 1 week ago

Good question. Went to a bar with liberals and conservatives.  People of all races.  Nobody seemed like they were about to kill each other. 

I am HOPING that normal people win the day, but I fear that idiots try to do something stupid. 

For example, while I own guns, most people I know would never suggest I am someone who needs those guns take away from me.