Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 4 weeks ago

Are flying cars happening yet? When will they be all around us?

What will highways be when cars are up in the air?

Lots of questions here and I hope everyone can handle this intricate thought provoking topic.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

probably in ur dreams unless it does happen...i mean if we can airplanes then why not air-automobiles...i'd love to see it happen but not happening anytime now lol

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's not a thought-provoking topic. Flying cars aren't happening, and they're not likely to happen any time in our life time.  

Even if flying cars were possible, you would still need highways (or runways). You have to have some place to land that thing. And then, there's the strength and  weight of the tires to consider. The weight of tires that could stand up to landing would have to be so heavy that a flying car could never make it off the ground. 

• 4 weeks ago

Thought provoking topic? NOPE

Anyone with the ability to think knows this will never happen. Do you think you'd be allowed to use streets to take off and land? NO. Could you afford FAA certifications to use it? NO. Do you think a driver license is all you need to use it? WRONG.

In other words, FORGET IT.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

"Flying cars" have been around since the 1930's! NONE of them have ever been financially successful, and they never will be as long as you still need a pilot's license to fly them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It'll be like continual bumper cars up there.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Flying cars have been around for more than a half-century. 

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_car

They'll never be "all around us" because they will never be an affordable way to travel for more than a tiny percentage of people. 

Source(s): Wikipedia and Google are your friends. Learn to use them and be more self-sufficient
  • 4 weeks ago

People can't drive properly on our roads so we definitely don't want them in the air. That Back to the Future scenario is not welcome in reality, thank you very much! 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.