Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

what does constipation feel like?

I am experiencing something that feels like I'm passing large rocks. Is that constipation? It's like I'm giving birth....

why is this occurring?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes this is constipation.  Most people find that constipation can be dealt with by drinking more fluids like water, diluted juice, and water with mio etc.  Having adequate fiber and protein in your diet is essential too.  Some people also swear that coffee will help to relieve this problem too.  If this constipation continues, please consult with your healthcare provider for an evaluation, as there are some medications that they may suggest like laxatives, stool softeners, enemas, restoralix (which will restart the normal biological cycle) etc.  Please consult with your doctor however, before you do any of the later, as I am not sure about your condition and the medications that you're on, and don't know how they will interact.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I deal with that too..

I drink a gallon of water daily.. It's so bad and painful

ForHours.. Takes forever to get it out....

It feels like i'm giving birth through my butthole

So painful......

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It feels like you are full of ****.

• 1 month ago

Yes. That sounds like constipation alright. The bowels regulate water by absorbing water from the intestines, so that by the time your stool makes it down to the anus, it's not so watery as when it started out in the small intestine. The colon absorbs water "as needed", so if you don't drink enough, it will absorb as much water out of your stool as possible. Also, if you don't move around enough, like for example: a trucker sits in his truck all day driving and doesn't walk around, that can also cause a delay in stool transit time, so that too much water gets absorbed out of your stool.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, constipation is generally when the contents of your bowels are very stiff and hard, and it's difficult and painful to get them out.

A diet without enough "roughage" (a rather old-fashioned term for fruits and vegetables, as opposed to meats and starchy foods) can cause constipation. You also need to drink actual water, from a glass, not just a sip from a drinking fountain.

There are medications that can relieve constipation, but they can be unpredictable in their action. Better to do some research about preventing constipation in the first place.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Are you on any medication? Or morphine? Those can and do affect stool release in a bad way.

• 1 month ago

Like you're dying......

• Henry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

That sounds bad. And it feels bad.

• 1 month ago

Sometimes it may feel like constipation, but it's generally a sign of something much more sinister like stomach cancer.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Take a stool softener and drink a lot more water.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.