Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 week ago

Why do some women lie about who the father of their baby is? I'm a woman by the way. ?

• Zirp
    1 week ago

Lie how? To whom?

If the woman is married, the husband is the legal father, period.

If he isn't the *biological* father, that's none of my business

• Vicky1 week agoReport

Zirp what kind of dumb answer is that? Next time don't say anything. I think women who don't know who the biological father of their child/ children is, is a disgrace

• liz
    1 week ago

I’m a woman by the way and I’m sure there must be plenty of reasons.  Some women have got pregnant by someone they don’t want to be with so it’s a downright lie. Other women may not know who the father is.  Lots of different scenarios. 

• Piero
    1 week ago

To get support money from the most affluent man.

1 week ago

In some cases, these women don't know who the biological father is because they were involved with two different men around the time of conception. It can take five to six+ weeks for a woman to discover she is pregnant. In other cases, they don't have a solid relationship with the biological father or simply don't like the biological father. They would rather make someone else the father of their child, and settle down/share their lives with someone else. 

• 1 week ago

Don't have be bothered about those people, they are definitely the minorities. People realistically who live around you doesn't right? It's too much drama on the internet, don't be too engross with it, unless you want to get involved in it.

• Bill
    1 week ago

In most cases it's just a matter of the woman wanting to be with the man she lying to over the father. In many of these cases she ended up getting pregnant when she committed adultery.  For example, she could have cheated on her husband or boyfriend, but since she doesn't want her relationship to end she keeps her adultery secret and never tells her boyfriend or husband that he is not the father.  

In other cases the man she ends up lying to simply put has more money than the other man, so in her mind he is a better choice to be the father.