Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 1 month ago

I'm 16 homeschooled, I want to start driving, but my parents won't let me get my permit. Any advice?

The reason why they won’t let me get my permit is because they are nervous about me driving because of the way people do it in my town. I live in Houston so you could expect to see drunk drivers etc

Favorite Answer

It would be good if you told us why they wouldn't let you get a permit. It`might be you're not being straight forward with them the same way you asked your question expecting a righteous answer with very little to go on.

Try to pitch it in terms of the benefits to them.  Are they trying to be 2 people being in 3 places?  Can you take your siblings to things they are doing?  Once I got my license my parents would use me to go run errands for them.

• PAMELA

You will have to wait until you can get a permit without their consent, 18 proberly!

Respect your parents.

Their home, their car, their insurance, their rules. Just learn to accept it. You won't be 16 forever!

• mokrie

Wait till your 18. At 16 your attention is not working well enough to drive safely. Most accidents are caused by 16 year olds.

• k w

believe it or not, the male brain is still maturing tilat least 18.....I do reco taking as many driving classes even a motorcycle safety class like in a junior college, I did and it was awesome, I learned things friends could never tell me. I worked for Airborne Express before DHL bought them out, and I took many driving classes, learn as much as you can while you are waiting....no need to sulk...take advantage of the time you have.....and be happy you have concerned parents that love you......

sit in a chair, hold your hands out, close your eyes, and let your imagination run wild

My cousin who was homeschooled didn't get her permit until recently, she's 20. So maybe just get a job, they get sick of driving you around