Beverly B asked in PetsDogs · 1 week ago

should I put my dog to sleep?

My dog is a 11 year old beagle and she is always suffering from a skin condition, she can hardly walk because her shoulders kind of turn in making it hard to walk. she has to be carried outside but most of the time I am shampooing carpets because she can't hold her urine or her bowels. I am always dealing with something with her and now I think she is hard of hearing. I hate to put her down but I am not in great health myself and it is just so hard on me now.

She has no quality of life and is in pain all of the time. I believe she has arthritis but I have never had that confirmed. This is hard for me but I feel it is time.

• 1 week ago
    Best Answer

It she has no quality of life and she's in pain yes.

That would be the merciful thing to do.

1 week ago

Yes, and then eat it. They're good grilled

• 1 week ago

Even if you've chosen your BA, don't do anything until you've had a good chat with your vet who, if there is anything more he can offer your poor old girl, he will.  But it is about quality of life and at the end of the day, only you'll really know whether or not it's time.

• 1 week ago

She is probably waiting for you to help her and you can't. You have two options put her down or the both of you be miserable.

• Kyle
    1 week ago

maybe see if you have other friends or family that can look after her.