Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 week ago

Selling car to family turned dilemma?

I'll start basic . .. This is a lot ... I had a car more summer appropriate ( blue book 4500) needed more 4 season drivable. my aunt purchased me a car (9800). The stipulation that I sell the old to give something for new and call it even .  okay now it gets tricky ......   My ex husband becomes intetrsted in old vehicle and creates a payment plan with my aunt . at this time I'm unaware of what there agreement us bit im told he'll be purchasing it sand paying my aunt since that's where money is to go . So..... He picks car up at which time I say should I write gifted since your family and it's being sold way cheaper than the 4500 and uiur dking a plan. He said yes then just write free.. Done faniky transaction complete .... Nope... He apparently oaid her 500 then they had a falling out and he won't pay . so I've started chipping away at oaying her but now she is taking him to court . he tried getti g me to buy car back for 500 and some work he did but I am broke lol. So now court ... Seems like with all there messages of payment arrangements easy for court but now I'm being told i could get in trouble for tax evasion . hooing not cuz technically I've never been given money and I only knew he was getting car cheaper . sooo... Any input on how court might go

• 1 week ago

if the car was in your name, some one stole it. You should have been paid for the car at a price that was acceptable to both you and your Ex. and then paid your Aunt. The lesson here is NEVER do business with relatives.

Source(s): Been there and got screwed too/
    1 week ago

Not a single question in this entire post of textual garbage. You are violating site guidelines and have been reported