I like this quote what does it mean?

• Juana

It's a nonsense quote and Gandhi never said it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/first-they-ignor...

• geezer

What do you ''like'' about it if you don't understand it ?

The quote sums up Ghandi's life in one short sentence

.. except that, in Ghandi's case it ended ''and then they kill you !''

Yeah, as Mandy said, why do you "like" it? Anyway, do you know who Gandhi was and what he did? It makes a lot more sense if you do; if you don't, look him up or get a biography of him or stream the great movie "Gandhi" that is all about his great life. And as for "what does it mean," well, it means what it says. Can you read English? Gandhi could speak several different languages, but you need only one to understand this quote. Good grief.

• Josh1 month agoReport

I know what it means but what is the actual significance did yyou understand my question?

• Mandy

How do you like it, if you don’t know what it means?  The words can’t have any meaning to you as a concept, so how is it and what is it about it, that you like?  I mean, it’s not a piece of art, that you could visually like - even if not sure what it is a drawing, sculpture or picture of.