Pepperspray is illegal in The Netherland but...?

....in my 'stupid' country where criminals seem to have more rights than victims I start to think like, okay, if pepper spray is illegal, and also a baseball bat or a police stick, even a mag-lite, anything to defend yourself with, what remains? Now I am thinking of something else, but I am not sure THIS is even allowed, and that would be a CAN of paint-spray. So let's say there is a traffic situation, a car in front of me stops, the person steps out for a physical confrontation, and I don't want that, so I get my paint spray ready, open the window before he reaches my car and before he act or says anything, just spray him full in the face, is that allowed? Is that self-defense? Or do I have to wait until he attacks me physically first or damages my car? Any Dutch person around here knowing if this is allowed in our country? And how about in other countries?  

• 1 week ago

That is not allowed, because that is not self defense. That is assault.

• 1 week ago

mag-lite? Son you need something with strobe, aka, "seizure mode" at least 2,000 lumens, 18650 battery or better, like a 21700. Strike bezel just in case. Oh, Netherlands, nevermind.

1 week ago

Pull a booger on them, wave it around. They will run like hell