Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 weeks ago

I had my first therapy session and I cried the whole hour, even after leaving I just want to cry, is this normal???

Best Answer

Great. It's normal. Move on with life and look forward to the next therapy session. By each endeavour you grow and mature. Every step forward is great. Small steps, huge leap, running or sprinting all are great, it's moving forward, and not standing still at a place whether rain or shine it's ridiculous.

Sure - if you need a therapist it's not because you are happy, is it. Crying is one of the best uses of time with a therapist.

• I wouldn't call it normal. Its just how you behaved. Every one behaves differently in therapy. There is no normal experience here, except maybe the general experience of having communicated and express emotions (catherize)

• martin

Men wouldn't cry so much, but it could be normal for a woman.

I think it's normal

• Mars Mission
      2 weeks agoReport

Are you unhappy Re frown? Can l help? Please post a question thanks?

Yes that’s normal. They’re called shrinks because they shrink down your defenses and get to the roots of the issues. 

Depends on what the issues are, if you have a lot of grief then Yes and doing so can be healthy.