Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 weeks ago

I had my first therapy session and I cried the whole hour, even after leaving I just want to cry, is this normal???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Great. It's normal. Move on with life and look forward to the next therapy session. By each endeavour you grow and mature. Every step forward is great. Small steps, huge leap, running or sprinting all are great, it's moving forward, and not standing still at a place whether rain or shine it's ridiculous.

• 2 weeks ago

Sure - if you need a therapist it's not because you are happy, is it. Crying is one of the best uses of time with a therapist.

• I wouldn't call it normal. Its just how you behaved. Every one behaves differently in therapy. There is no normal experience here, except maybe the general experience of having communicated and express emotions (catherize)

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Men wouldn't cry so much, but it could be normal for a woman.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

I think it's normal

• Mars Mission
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Are you unhappy Re frown? Can l help? Please post a question thanks?

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Yes that’s normal. They’re called shrinks because they shrink down your defenses and get to the roots of the issues. 

• 2 weeks ago

Depends on what the issues are, if you have a lot of grief then Yes and doing so can be healthy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.