Is it possible that my family of 4 went through a terabyte of data, or is something wrong (hulu running even when the tv is off, or xbox)?

Definitely possible, streaming takes up the most I think and downloading video might take up a good bit if you did it alot so cut down on that and you should be good. Also ,depending on the device, you might be able to see what was taking up all the data. 

YES!! very  possible

Source(s): www.brvkman.ru

Definitely possible - I had never looked at our usage until recently. With 3 people in the house and not what I would consider a lot of steaming we use around 250GB a month. A lot of HULU, Netlfix, YouTube, etc and I could easily see reaching 1 TB.

• Greg

Yes it is possible.

Its not just Hulu that takes up bandwidth. Anything that uses your Internet connection is counted in the total data usage, this may include, but not limited to: computers, phones, tablets updating, updating apps and games, "Smart" devices like Google Home, Ring, etc.

Most ISP provided routers usually have an option where you can see what devices are using your network and how much.

• Jay

it is definitely possible. throughout my entire life i have used thousands of TBs.

If you were using a lot of sound files and video then yes.