is it normale that’s i’m doing overtime every day ?

i started this job 3 months ago and i didn’t have any experience, there’s is so much to do that i’m doing overtime everyday and it’s not paid.sometimes i don’t take a break, i think this is a bit too much, should i speak to my boss or wait? she already knows about this.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No its not..............

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Unpaid work is a problem....overtime is not if paid properly...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What status employee are you?  Salary: no overtime pay, Salary, Non-Exempt: Salary plus OT, or Hourly: Hourly pay plus OT for anything over 40 hrs week.

If you are NOT Salary, what the company is doing is illegal.  Google employment law and report the company if this is happening.  They are subject to investigation and huge fines if they aren't following the law.

If you are Salary Non-Exempt or Hourly you should be clocking in and out every day.  This proves hours worked and OT calculation. It all depends on what type of employee you are.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Unless you are classified as "exempt", they are required by law to pay you for overtime work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Lots of people love OT.

• 1 month ago

You need to review your state's labour law, Wage & Hours.

It is unlawful for a worker to not get paid for every minute on the job (clocked in)

Many states require a lunch period, and break periods.

Lunch minimum 20 minutes OFF the Clock (Most employers require 30 minutes or more) and most states usually require 10 minutes Break after 2 hours of work, not to be taken less than 2 hours prior to shift end. Specifics apply to certain special employment.

When you get your Pay Stub, ALL deductions from pay, and The Hours Clocked must be specified. IF you are working Over Time, that should be clearly shown on the Pay Stub.

It is against Federal/State laws to Clock Off, and continue to work, or start working prior to Clocking In.

Feds: https://www.dol.gov/whd/

Your state should also have a Wage & Hour Division of its Labour Department Web Site.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No it isn't.  Tell your boss to hire more personnel, and consult a lawyer if you work without getting paid for it

• 1 month ago

Be sure to keep track of your over time by noting the date and exactly how much overtime you worked for each day. You do, however, need to tell them you need top be paid for the overtime and if they fire you because of that go to the state labor board and report them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.