is a 3.1 gpa good or bad?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

B+ = 3.33 and B= 3.00 so it's between those two. C is average so it's above average, seems fine to me. That's on a 4.0 scale.

• 3 weeks ago

It is above average but not for Tiger mom.

• 4 weeks ago

I think that's pretty good you never want to do your best because people expect even better from you next time

• 4 weeks ago

Depends on your standards... but my Asian parents would literally kill me with that GPA

• Chae-won
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Lily I am Korean and studying is my hobby. haha

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

That is considered good, not excellent.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's not especially competitive for getting into a good university -- or a graduate school if you're already in university.

But it's not bad.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It depends on who you ask ofc, but it's bad in my opinion. I grew up in a wealthy neighborhood/school and went to a tier 1 university. If you had a 3.1 people thought you were either a trust fund baby who didn't care or that you were just stupid or going through something. My cousins who didn't even go to college would say a 3.1 is pretty good. If the major was bioinformatics or nanotech or biochem or something, I would give them some slack but still consider low and think that they should consider changing majors.

• piper4 weeks agoReport

is a 3.5 bad then? my grade went up after I got 100 on my test, for which my grade went up to a 4 instead of a 3.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Better than a 3.0 gpa 

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

The depends on which WalMart you plan on working at.

• 4 weeks ago

That depends on whichever college or university you wish to apply.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.