is a 3.1 gpa good or bad?

B+ = 3.33 and B= 3.00 so it's between those two. C is average so it's above average, seems fine to me. That's on a 4.0 scale.

It is above average but not for Tiger mom.

I think that's pretty good you never want to do your best because people expect even better from you next time

Depends on your standards... but my Asian parents would literally kill me with that GPA

• Chae-won
      3 weeks agoReport

Lily I am Korean and studying is my hobby. haha

• Linda

That is considered good, not excellent.

• .

It's not especially competitive for getting into a good university -- or a graduate school if you're already in university.

But it's not bad.

It depends on who you ask ofc, but it's bad in my opinion. I grew up in a wealthy neighborhood/school and went to a tier 1 university. If you had a 3.1 people thought you were either a trust fund baby who didn't care or that you were just stupid or going through something. My cousins who didn't even go to college would say a 3.1 is pretty good. If the major was bioinformatics or nanotech or biochem or something, I would give them some slack but still consider low and think that they should consider changing majors.

• piper4 weeks agoReport

is a 3.5 bad then? my grade went up after I got 100 on my test, for which my grade went up to a 4 instead of a 3.

Better than a 3.0 gpa 

• Fuhr

The depends on which WalMart you plan on working at.

That depends on whichever college or university you wish to apply.