Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 week ago

why do some people boil their pasta and rice in chicken broth instead of water. doesn't it give it a weird taste.?

• 1 week ago
    Best Answer

Rich taste.  Pasta and rice have hardly any taste by themselves.  

• 1 week ago

Most here are saying rice yes, but not pasta, but both would work, especially if you will be using the broth you cook the pasta in...for a soup, sauce or gravy.  The starch from the pasta cooking would lessen the thickener you'd need when you make it.

It just depends on what you're doing with it after.

• denise
    1 week ago

It adds a nice subtle taste to the rice / pasta, especially if your having them with chicken in the meal,

• Marnie
    1 week ago

No it tastes good, unless you don’t like chicken 

• 1 week ago

If your making chicken noodle or rice soup and you boil the noodles or rice in with the soup it will not taste odd.

• Clive
    1 week ago

Because they LIKE the taste.

• 1 week ago

Wow that's a good idea

• ted
    1 week ago

It is to give taste.  I do not boil pasta in chicken broth, because most of the boiling liquid will be discarded.  However, I frequently cook rice in chicken brother for additional flavor. 

• 1 week ago

I do cook my rice in both chicken and beef stock but I wouldn't cook pasta like spaghetti in it.  But the idea is to impart the flavor of the broth or stock rather than just salty water. 

• Alex
    1 week ago

Never done it to pasta but I've done it to rice many times. It imparts a nice flavor to the rice. If you're doing a chicken and rice meal...that flavoring to the rice can enhance things a bit.