Why cant i find a super nintendo classic ?...thats the new one with games loaded on it already?

did they stop making these? I thought they were pretty new

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I would like to know it too, I like to play too much.

• 1 month ago

I would check with gamestop if they dont have it they might be able to find someone that does have it

• 1 month ago

Nintendo has made the NES (which did get a re-release) & the SNES Classics as LIMITED EDITION items, which were discontinued at the end of 2018.  These were made somewhat as a stopgap for the Switch (NES) & Switch Online (SNES) respectively.

Since the majority of those games (excluding Star Fox 2) are available on the NES & SNES Online services on the Switch, they are not planning on re-releasing them.

The official versions that are for sale online are likely in the hands of scalpers who are likely inflating their resale value for New CiB items, while used items will likely be more reasonable.  However, most who have these will likely have them modded to some degree.

If you can find one in the wild for a reasonable price ($100 or less), you better jump on it.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

On December 13, 2018, Reggie Fils-Aimé,the former president & CEO of Nintendo   announced  that both the SNES Classic Edition will not be restocked after the 2018 holiday season,and  Nintendo  does not anticipate producing any similar mini-console version of its other home consoles in the future.

Based on this it does not sound like you will be able to buy one in a store, but you can get one from the Official Nintendo Store, and you can probably get one on Aazon or maybe EBAY.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

• Alex
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    • NONAME
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

they are $180..thats twice the normal price...more than! and the reviews says they are fake...i been here already

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I bought them all

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.