I been smoking for 2 years but i quit would i get an aneurysm later?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There isn't really any connection between stopping smoking and developing aneurysms.  In fact, there are many, many reasons why smoking is bad for your health.

The first few days you'll have a tough time saying "no" to those cravings.  Much of the wish to smoke has to do with your body wanting nicotine.  The rest is conditioned responses and habits.  

If you can get past the first week or so, you'll begin to feel better, and have more energy.  As time goes along, your daily habits will recede, and you won't feel those "cues" anywhere near so strongly.  Your clothes won't smell of tobacco.  You'll save a lot of money.  Soon you won't be uncomfortable if you're in a situation where no one is allowed to smoke.

I stopped "cold turkey" when I got married, because my new husband did not smoke.  One of the best decisions I ever made!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Smoking doesn't cause aneurysms. Maybe do your research

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Smoking doesn't cause an aneurysm.  

An aneurysm is a dilatation in the wall of an artery supplying blood to a specific area. A "balloon" on the side of an artery, if you will. It occurs when part of an artery wall weakens.  Its main cause is thought to be  genetic. It can last for several years or be life-long, or the "balloon" could burst and you could bleed to death. 

There are more than 200,000 cases per year in the US. If it's discovered in time, most often it's treated by the surgical removal of the "ballooned" area of the artery. .  

• 1 month ago

Stopping does bring down the risk overtime, to a point where you'll almost be fully recovered. Just don't look back and stop. Better late than never!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Fuhr
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Nobody likes a quitter.

• no
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Abdominal Aneurysm Risk Drops When Smokers Quit

• 1 month ago

Try Chantex don't stop cold turkey

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.