Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsOther - Science · 4 weeks ago

What would a peanut-butter sandwich look like after spending 30+ years in a ziplock bag?

Would it still be at all moist? Or hard and shrunken? Would it keep its natural color or turn black with mold?

I'm imagining it would be a square of black mush. I don't have 30 years to spare to test it out, so I am hoping someone with a better scientific background might have an idea.

Favorite Answer

If you started with a freshly opened jar of PB, ditto bread, they would be pretty sterile. but mold spores are everywhere, so I suspect the sandwich would become a mass of mold in a few weeks or so.

Then the mold would die off, and I think your idea of a black mass is close. 

• Zardoz

Like Carl Sagan.

Source(s): [n] = 10ⁿ
  • Fuhr

It would look very similar to how your mother looks now. A rotting pile of organic material with a smell that is akin to the inside of a giraffe that has been living near an exposed radioactive core for several weeks.

• no

it would be hard and moldy