Where's the best place to start an LLC online? Starting a hot sauce company in Oregon.?

I am starting a very small hot sauce company. I need to start an LLC to protect myself. I am learning how to start a business, so I have a lot of questions and things to learn. Is there a recommdned place to start my LLC online? Why? How much should I expect to pay. I live in Oregon.

Thanks!

• 1 week ago

For a small, closely-held company such as an LLC, the notion that the business entity protects the owner from claims against the company is a myth.

The only thing that will give you protection from damage claims is a good business insurance policy.

• Eva
    1 week ago

Find the small business development center, SCORE chapter, or SBA office in your area or go on their websites. You should not try to file the LLC paperwork yourself until you are sure you know how to do it. If you do it incorrectly, it invalidates the protection of the LLC. Any of those agencies can help you, and their services are usually free.

• Brian
    1 week ago

LegalZoom.com

..........

• 1 week ago

With a food product, an LLC probably doesn't provide you the type of protection that you are going to to need.

Contact Score.org to find a mentor to help you.