dizwar
dizwar asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 week ago

Is this a good fish patty mixture: tunafish, cooked chicken, mashed kidney beans, crushed chips / crackers, mustard, mayo, & lemon juice?

I figured to fry them in olive oil. What ingredients would you add or leave out?

• 1 week ago
    Best Answer

Omit the chicken, kidney beans, crushed chips. 

Combine the fish, crackers, a bit of the mustard the mayo and lemon juice. Form into patties then dip into bread or cracker crumbs and fry until golden on both sides.  Turn once and be gentle as they may fall apart if your mixture is loose. 

• denise
    1 week ago

I would swap out the tuna for some chopped shrimp, and only add a little kidney bean mash or change these for butter bean mash, maybe add some chopped coriander?

• 1 week ago

Leave out the chicken -- save it for another dish.  Add bread crumbs instead of the chips.  Makes it more moist.  Also add chopped up fresh parsley.  Save the lemon juice for a garnish after they are cooked.  It will lose its flavor in the patties.  You might also save the mustard for a topping.

• 1 week ago

Tuna and chicken?  Nope, I wouldn't mix that together.