Does this monitor support 144hz over display port?

I was looking at getting this monitor this week but, I had one problem it comes with dual DVI which my graphics card does not have (XFX RX 580). it comes with a display port (can I use any display port cable and specific one need?)  and I was wondering if that display port supports 144hz. I heard that some display and HDMI ports do and don't. if someone could clarify that would be great thank you! :)

Monitor :LG - UltraGear 24" LED FHD FreeSync Monitor - Black

Link : https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-ultragear-24-led-f...

• YKhan

Yes, the link you provided yourself says it supports 144 Hz and Freesync technology, which is what games need.

As for the connectors, here are the features of each:

DVI: the oldest technology, pretty much limited to 1080p and 60 Hz.

HDMI: the most common technology found on DVD and Blu-Ray players and TV sets. Multiple revisions of this technology, the most common type is HDMI 1.4, which can do 144 Hz at 1080p, but not at higher resolutions. The latest version which is HDMI 2.1, will be able to do 144 Hz from 1080p to 4K. 

Displayport: The newest technology, slightly newer than HDMI, though both are being updated independently to this day. This is the most popular format for 144 Hz gaming monitors, at up to 4K.

• B. C. Schmerker
      4 weeks agoReport

Cables are available to drive a dual-channel DVI-D target from a DisplayPort source; I'm hunting a 1.5m version for my own Web station.