What's your "guilty pleasure band?"?

As far as my family and friends know, I'm pretty much a rock and metalhead, but I admit I have a few guilty pleasure bands and artists: P!nk, MCR, Dreamers, Bastille...oh, and I'm a Nickelback fan. But now that I think about it, I'm not ashamed. :p But I'm curious as to what others like. 

Survivor and Journey

• Petter

Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Rolling Stones and Queen.

Bangtan Sonyeondan.. I rarely tell people I listen to them..

• Andrew

I wouldn't even know how to begin to approach answering such a question. 

I love bands like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, King Diamond and Mercyful Fate, but I also love Chopin and Reverend Gary Davis, Rod Stewart and Parliament, a bit of Trad and the Sleaford Mods. 

I've seen the G3 tour, queued up to see John Williams play a 2,000 seat venue and spent countless nights in underground jazz clubs. I also think DJ Shadow and Avicii are incredible. So is John Mayer. 

One person might look at my record collection and see Bush next to Burzum and think that's weird, or hear Eric Gales come on after Tears For Fears in one of my playlists and think that makes no sense. 

Guilty pleasures are for people who feel guilty listening to something they like because they mistakenly believe that they have some image to uphold. 

Feck that. Life's too short. Listen to whatever grabs you, and leave no stone unturned in finding it. 

• Brandon
      1 week agoReport

Great answer. I agree with what you said. 

• mars

XTC............

"Guilty Pleasure Band"? 

Theres no one that I am afraid to rock. Boys II Men, Depeche Mode, U2, Minimal Techno; I rock all that schit just like I will rock Morbid Angel. 

Source(s): nothing

i think tiny tim is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17DsUB1i04

Youtube thumbnail

don't judge.

• John
      2 weeks agoReport

A cousin of a friend hooked up with Miss Vicki after Tim died. He was equally, if not more, strange than Tiny Tim.  Long out of my life now......

• Mikey

I never feel guilty about my pleasures in life.  They are too few.

• David

I'm similar in that I mostly listen to hard rock and metal (Nine Inch Nails, Slipknot, Manson, etc...) but I gotta admit that I will sing along to just about every Katy Perry song.