What do Europeans think of Czechs?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

All you wrote is possible for multiple reasons, not inherently because of racism.

First of all, center of Prague is not genuinely Czech anymore and same goes for people there. Most of the people are tourists or foreigners.

There are almost no black people in Czechia. So locals can be curious - you could be the first black person which that kid which touched you ever saw.

Bouncers could simply see that they can take advantage of you - and yes it could be thanks to your skin color - but not because black = bad, but because black = tourist.

Czechs won't pretend to be invested or happy to see you - in this we are very honest and you won't see the "american smile" here. Could it be more of the culture difference than people being pissed? If someone yelled at you or was rude, he/she is an asshole even by Czech standards.

Nevertheless your feelings could be right, you were unlucky and met shity racist people. Or shity people who took advantage of you (club bouncers).

I'm sorry that your trip to Czechia had to end abruptly. I would suggest to try some other cities in our country. You would not escape curious looks - black skin color is really rare - but you would see more of how Czechs behave in their environment and enjoy something what usual tourist don't :) Prague is just large disneypark these days. It is beautiful, but also very tourist-trapish.

• 1 month ago

Czechs are europeans.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Are you suggesting that we judge people by their nationality and/or ethnicity?

Source(s): dutch/NL
  • 1 month ago

They hate it, just hate it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Czechs ARE Europeans.

• 1 month ago

That is a very leading question, I have a very leading answer but, I'm not posting it. They've had a shitty history and a hard life, no that wasn't the answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.