how to serve COOKED brussel sprouts?

• Glo
    6 days ago

I bake them with butter and garlic.

• patty
    1 week ago

cook them for not too long in the microwave, but not so much they get soggy

• Clive
    1 week ago

What about how to serve them?

• 1 week ago

I happen to love them roasted until they get a bit of char on them.

Sprinkle with a bit of red pepper flakes and a sprinkling of cheese, a nice blend is good, if you happen to like Blue  (Bleu) cheese that works well. 

If you like sweeter sides a drizzle of honey or maple syrup will work. 

• 1 week ago

In a serving dish.

• John
    1 week ago

They go very well with chestnuts, BTW. Roasted and sliced chestnuts, obviously. Last sprouts we had I roasted with some potatoes. Usually I just saute halves of them in butter. You can roast them thoroughly for some reason. It's only when steamed or boiled that they get that bad cabbagey flavor when overcooked.

• Tavy
    1 week ago

On the plate with other veg. How else?

1 week ago

Just personal opinion, but think those things are only fit to be fed to swine - and shouldn't be cooked.

ADDED:  Anyone here around when George H W Bush was president and said that he always hated broccoli and now that he's president he doesn't have to eat it any more.

I'm a geezer and I hate Brussel sprouts !!!!!  Give me squash, turnips, eggplant, corn . . . . .

ADDED:  From the 6 (so far) Thumbsdowns, it seems that no one is entitled to a personal opinion here - even when it is expressed as one - even something as inconsequential as disliked foods.  No wonder YAnswers is dying - and deserves to.

• 1 week ago

Butter fried brussel sprouts. Melt the butter and add sprouts. Sauté for 5 minutes over medium-high heat until the broccoli browns nicely and softens. Season with salt and pepper, garlic optional.

• 1 week ago

They go great with some pepper or chili powder. If you want to serve it with a meal then the best bet is chicken and some other vegetable.