I can speak Chinese and English fluently, will I be able to get a decent job in the UK/US without a degree?

4 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    No. Not a qualification for any temporary employment visa anywhere. Plenty of legal immigrants are bilingual for any translator or interpreter jobs there might be. And without suitable degrees, you are not qualified as a translator/interpreter anyway. With new technologies, there's declining demand for interpreters/translators simultaneously with expanding pools of highly qualified bilingual/multi-lingual people available for any jobs available.

    With worldwide labor glut of a billion adults already, and another billion on track to enter the world's workforces within the decade, expect requirements for employment visas to continue becoming more restrictive, more demanding; expect rapidly increasing competition for any job; and expect fewer and fewer shortage occupations eligible for temporary employment visas.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Yes, Of Course, that depends on what decent means to you. My decent definition differs from your's.

    You can get good work without one. When you're just graduating high school, it might seem that the only way to get a good-paying job is to put in your four years for a bachelor's degree.But there are still plenty of good jobs that don't require a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.

  • Bob
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

    No you won't. You won't be able to get a job in the UK because they know you're an agent provocateur who should be deported and will be deported soon.

    You won't be able to get a job in the US because you posted online about how all Americans are dumb and Americans don't forgive stuff like that.

    I suggest you get a job as a waiter in a Chinese restaurant in Bulgaria. They might take you.

    • I don't speak Bulgarian though 

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Nope - simply being bilingual doesn't change the visa requirements for working in either.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.