Is it possible to travel alone from Addis Ababa Ethiopia to Paris France as a minor?

I'm 17 years old and I'm planning to visit family in Paris from Addis Ababa Ethiopia. Is it possible for me to go without an accompanying parent or guardian?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

All airlines allow passengers age 17 to fly unaccompanied. 

France has a "permission letter" requirement for residents of France who are under the age of 18 to exit France unaccompanied by an adult, but that should not affect you.  

However. if you are a citizen of France living in Ethiopia then it may be best to have an an Authorisation To Leave The Territory (Autorisation de sortie du territoire) (AST), as well as a copy of an official, valid document proving the identity of the signatory, and an original of Cerfa form 15646*01 signed by one of the parents or legal guardians.  Check with the French Embassy or Consulate before leaving Ethiopia. 

If you are a citizen of Ethiopia then you need a visa to travel to France.https://www.skyteam.com/en/flights-and-destination...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

It is possible when an ADULT is involved in boarding you and to greet you at destination Airport.

GET OVER IT Children DO NOT wander the world at their will.

You DO NOT need an Adult to hold your hand DURING the flight.

Your main issue is getting on the plane.

• 3 months ago

With permission from your parents/guardians, yes - check with the airline what paperwork if any you need, and also if you need a visa for France

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.