Ob asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 month ago

Below you see an Aircraft flies at an altitude of 11.5 kilometres suppose that at some point both engines fail and the aircraft is forced to?

The ground Given that glide ratio of the aircraft is 14 what airport is the plane capable of reaching ( neglect the additional distance flown due to turning,What is the answer from this Question? A100km, B 120km ,C 140km, D 160km, E 180km, F 200km

Favorite Answer

It seems to me that anyone old enough to use this forum (13+) should know how to calculate the simple answer to the problem 11.5 x 14. Choose the answer closest to your result. 

• rick

My pilot training was 60 years ago, but the one we were told to use, was the closest one!

The nearest airport which can take that size of aircraft

I got me parachute, so I am jumping.

If I'm at the controls I'm going to "A". I don't need math to tell me to get this thing on the ground in the shortest distance and period of time possible

The right answer is D 

• In

Screw the math.  Both engines have failed and you go for the closest airport there is for an emergency landing.

• Joseph

Is simple multiplication beyond your mental abilities?