Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 4 weeks ago

Are African Americans, based on the 14th Amendment, Natural Born Citizens? Is there a difference in Citizenship and Rights? Please help!?

Based on the 14th Amendment, are African Americans born in the United States, Natural Born Citizens, the same as White Americans born in the United States?

Are African Americans Domestic Born Citizens and not Natural Born Citizens with different Citizenship and Rights?

Race or skin-tone has nothing to do with it. If they are born in the United States, they are US citizens by birth. If they were granted US citizenship at a a later date and time, they are naturalized US citizens. Reading the Emancipation Proclamation would be very beneficial to you. 

Anyone born in the United States is by law a Natural Born Citizen, Dotardist.

• Zirp

Nobody is born a citizen. People born in the (jurisdiction of the) USA are NATIONALS, and they become CITIZENS 18 years later. Skincolour is irrelevant

Yes, "african americans" are AMERICANS

Have never heard of African Americans Domestic Born Citizens. People are either Native Born or Naturalized Citizens, race has nothing to do with it now. This has applied since the passage of the 14th Amendment.

> Are African Americans, based on the 14th Amendment, Natural Born Citizens?

Yes.

> Is there a difference in Citizenship and Rights?

No, unless someone is a felon who has been stripped of certain rights.

It's hard to tell if you are a troll, you are a gullible soul whose head has been filled with nonsense by a neo-Nazi, or you managed to get to the age of being able to use a computer without learning very much.

• Maxi

ANYONE born in the US is a natural born citizen

• mokrie

If they are born in America they are Natural Born Citizens the same as any white person that is a citizen.

• Mintee

it astounds me of the ignorance of some in the world.. when you say africans, I am guessing you mean black people.. but surely you are aware there are white people who are african.. and if they have dual citizenship are considered african american... Youve never looked at South Africans, I guess, and never looked at Egyptians that have light skinned ancestory, Not all people from Africa are black.. there are various shades.. Not myself, but in general, I could be a blonde haired, snow white skinned, blue eyed African woman who immigrated to America, and therefore be african american... If I have children and grandchildren.. then they are just as much american as any other person,.. now having said all this,, all african american ( black) people are just as much american as a white person, who should in my eyes be labelled Euro-American if you want to call someone of african decent, Afro american... only unless your ancestory is pure of native indiginous peoples of the American continent before Euro people immigrated over. 

The 14th Amendment was ratified to protect the rights of native-born Black Americans, whose rights as recently-freed slaves were being denied. The Amendment was written to prevent state governments from denying citizenship to Blacks born in the United States.

I can't believe you wrote this. All citizens of the US are equal.