Question about ratchet set ?

Hello, I wanted to know if this set was a good set for basic jobs cars ect? I want to buy my boyfriend one for Christmas and not sure where to start lol!!! 

DEWALT DWMT73804 Tough Box Drive Socket Set, 1/4" and 3/8"

• don r

It is an OK set. If my wife bought it for me, even though I have many good tools, I might keep that one in the car trunk for "on the spot" work, instead of my 75 pound toolbox in the garage.

This would make a better set for auto repair. https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-2-in-Drive-Co...

DeWalt tools are of high quality so he should be pleased. However I doubt that DeWalt actually made this set as they are power tool specialists. 

The other point is that the 1/4" set is small for car work. You could consider buying him a 1/2" set, if he hasn't already got one, as these are more useful on cars. Even a small set of 1/2" is OK and can be added too later on.