Amy asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 month ago

How to claim insurance if my luggage is lost in flight travel?

I lost my bag in flight travel last week. I ask suggestions and solutions from many of my friends. One of them gives an idea to have a discussion with the public online. So I'm here with the hope that somebody will help me. Thank you.

How is a discussion on a public, world wide forum going to help you find lost luggage?

Obviously, you call the insurance company.  Either the travel insurance if you bought it, or your homeowners if you have it, or your renters if you have it.  If you didn't buy insurance, you don't have insurance to claim from - so you call the airline. 

Contact the airline...

Did the airline lose your luggage or did you misplace it?  Big difference.  

If it was stolen, thats another story as well.  

Please explain what happened exactly. 

• Eva

You should have filed a claim with the airline before you left the terminal.

You take it up with the airline. You probably won’t get everything that you lost. 

If you bought travel insurance, you'd call them and make a claim.  If you didn't, you wouldn't.