Who still rocks CD's?

I do I'm 38 and still rock them order online Digital is okay I love the memory of physical item whose rocking them with me, if you ain't tell me why oh why?

Favorite Answer

I still listen to ONLY Cds. I have never bought a "song" like on itunes or the others. With CDs, I listen to the entire album and get the flow from the order of songs as the band chose for you to hear. In addition I keep NO subscriptions where a company can revoke my ownership of the music I listen to.

CDs allow nice high quality sound since file transfers are almost ALL lossy MP3. My equipment reveals how gutted and hollow MP3 sound is.

Call me old fashioned, I enjoy high quality sound. CDs not quite the fullness of vinyl, but far better then MP3.

Kid, you don't know what mechanical resonance even is, let alone what it sounds like.

It's nice that you want to be all old-school and nostalgic and whatnot, but the CD is nothing more than early digital.  And you're right, digital recording takes the heart and sould out of music somehow.

I'm a little bit (okay, a whole lot) older than you, because I remember the vinyl platter.  The phonograph relied on pure mechanical resonance to deliver recorded sound, and it delivered it with authority.

Go pick up a classic record player (they're coming back as a trend), and then play any original vinyl phonograph on it, and you'll hear what I'm talking about.  And if possible, play it through really big 3-way speakers, the biggest you can possibly find.  

I do, because I prefer supporting my favourite bands by purchasing physical CDs instead of ripping the bands off by downloading songs digitally. Also i like the artwork that comes with physical CDs.

I don’t buy physical CD’s anymore, but I’ve got over 1,000 of them, so there’s that.

but CD's ARE digital. accept that there is no difference between listening to a CD and listening to WAV files on another format. And that is what it is for me, i still get CDs sometimes when convenient, but i always rip them to the hard drive right after. they are just a way to store digital files, i feel no nostalgia for them.

I still rock cds but I am too lazy to post a photo of the cd rack. 

Source(s): nothing
  • Mike W

I was  around during the time of LP's, 45's, 8 Track, and Cassette, but I've switched to digital.  Takes up less space, and it can be backed up on to a couple of flash drives for safe keeping.  

My husband still buys cd's so you aren't alone.

I stream my music though.

I havent bought a CD since like 2004. But I heard that music still sound better on CD than on these streaming sites so salute to you.

geriatric, senile, old people probably. 38 checks out