Who still rocks CD's?

I do I'm 38 and still rock them order online Digital is okay I love the memory of physical item whose rocking them with me, if you ain't tell me why oh why?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I still listen to ONLY Cds. I have never bought a "song" like on itunes or the others. With CDs, I listen to the entire album and get the flow from the order of songs as the band chose for you to hear. In addition I keep NO subscriptions where a company can revoke my ownership of the music I listen to.

CDs allow nice high quality sound since file transfers are almost ALL lossy MP3. My equipment reveals how gutted and hollow MP3 sound is.

Call me old fashioned, I enjoy high quality sound. CDs not quite the fullness of vinyl, but far better then MP3.

• 12 months ago

Kid, you don't know what mechanical resonance even is, let alone what it sounds like.

It's nice that you want to be all old-school and nostalgic and whatnot, but the CD is nothing more than early digital.  And you're right, digital recording takes the heart and sould out of music somehow.

I'm a little bit (okay, a whole lot) older than you, because I remember the vinyl platter.  The phonograph relied on pure mechanical resonance to deliver recorded sound, and it delivered it with authority.

Go pick up a classic record player (they're coming back as a trend), and then play any original vinyl phonograph on it, and you'll hear what I'm talking about.  And if possible, play it through really big 3-way speakers, the biggest you can possibly find.  

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

I do, because I prefer supporting my favourite bands by purchasing physical CDs instead of ripping the bands off by downloading songs digitally. Also i like the artwork that comes with physical CDs.

• 12 months ago

I don’t buy physical CD’s anymore, but I’ve got over 1,000 of them, so there’s that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

but CD's ARE digital. accept that there is no difference between listening to a CD and listening to WAV files on another format. And that is what it is for me, i still get CDs sometimes when convenient, but i always rip them to the hard drive right after. they are just a way to store digital files, i feel no nostalgia for them.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

I still rock cds but I am too lazy to post a photo of the cd rack. 

Source(s): nothing
  • Mike W
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

I was  around during the time of LP's, 45's, 8 Track, and Cassette, but I've switched to digital.  Takes up less space, and it can be backed up on to a couple of flash drives for safe keeping.  

• 12 months ago

My husband still buys cd's so you aren't alone.

I stream my music though.

• 12 months ago

I havent bought a CD since like 2004. But I heard that music still sound better on CD than on these streaming sites so salute to you.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

geriatric, senile, old people probably. 38 checks out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.