Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

Should I play college baseball?

Ok so I feel like my situation needs some explanation. I am currently a freshman at a very small school playing football. I chose to come here because it was basically my only offer. It is a small school and very close to my home, which I did not want at all. Being here for almost a full semester confirmed that this place sucks. I thought I was going to play college baseball at a high level because I was an amazing baseball player. I was really good all four years and played amazing in the biggest games. I was the 4th best player in the state my senior year per voted on by the coaches in my state. I somehow had zero offers for baseball. I guess my problem is do I swallow my pride and walk on at the small school I’m not, or do I just continue to play football. It also makes me mad that the baseball coach never offered me in high school because he saw me play all the time. But now he magically wants me to walk on to the team because I was a player who “fell through the cracks.” My lack of a recruitment wasn’t an issue of character or grades. I graduated in the top 5% of my class and had an extremely high ACT score. Help

• Kyle

if you enjoy baseball more than you do playing football, i think you should do baseball.  

I thought you were going to talk about switching schools... if not, then who cares if you think the place sucks or if you are there because it was your only offer.

The fact that you think you need to "swallow your pride" is a problem.  You got no baseball offers.  And thanks for mentioning that is wasn't about your grades.  It was all about your skills, apparently.  You aren't as good as your clearly think.  You should be happy the coach wants you to play.

If you think you can get your attitude in check, then go ahead and play if you want. 

i would if thats what you want to do

I forget most of what you just said, but you should definitely play the sport you always wanted to play because you don’t want to look back and regret your decision.