If I have a 100,000 USD in savings, what is the right amount to put into the stock market?

• Ten thousand dollars minimum and 40 thousand maximum.  

Keep $50k in liquid savings. Invest $5k in FOREX with 20% margin which gives you $100k to gamble with. Put the rest $45k in low risk CDs and bonds. 

100%

.................

• Steve

There is no right or wrong amount. It all depends on what amount you want to risk. Do you want to go with safe or risky investments? Everyone has their opinion. Its your final decision how much, though. 

Completely depends on your goals, risk profile, financial & work situation, etc, etc etc.   

You generally do not want to put money into the stock market that you expect to need within the next five years. If you have any debt (excluding a mortgage) you want to pay that off before putting any money into the market. Also have enough in the bank to cover most unexpected future emergencies, such as a new automobile transmission.

you then want to invest the rest of the money currently in savings. The younger you are the higher the percentage of your investments should be in the stock market. If you are approaching retirement you probably want a higher percentage of your money in more less volatile investments, such as bonds.

What I am trying to get across is that the right answer to your question depends upon a lot of factors that we do not know about you. I recommend you contact a certified financial planner to get the best answer to your question.

10% now and $500 a month every month, more if the market has a big decline. Until you have invested 80k. Then stop.

No or low fee s&p 500 index fund.

40G IN APPLE

40G IN AMAZON

20G HOLD IN CASH

thats up to you how much you want to put in it

• Rick B

Depends on your ability to tolerate risk, your age, the purpose of the money, your tax situation, your income, etc.

You don't make a $100K decision based on advice from strangers on the internet.

I have about $450K in retirement savings and I am 50. I have about half in stock ETFs split between large and mid cap, and international funds. But my situation may have nothing to do with yours.