Why do people literally give panhandlers change when they ask for change ?

I usually don't give to them because I'm broke, but when do give to them it's always a twenty dollar bill, because I've been in their shoes before and I know there's a great chance not a single person has helped them all day, not everyone is a pro at panhandling a lot of them are going through living hell trying to do it, so you may think you did them a nice gesture by giving them some change, but all you did was hand them something they could purchase absolutely nothing at all with, they ask for as little amount possible to make it sound like they're not being greedy, but they're hoping you'll understand they need a lot more then that 

Why do people use "literally" in sentences when it means nothing?

• Abraham1 month agoReport

Literally change meaning they're hoping you understand they need more then change, but instead you literally give them chsnge

Panhandling should be severely punished.

They feel obligated I guess

I tell them to get a job, pretty much every place has a 'help wanted' sign.

• Abraham2 months agoReport

You act like that's so easy for everybody, you really are a good for nothing piece of **** 

• Chanel

It could be that they were once in their situation so they know how badly they need the money.

People are all unique.Some people would never give but others do. Some people just give a small amount of change cos they feel obliged to give them something.

• In

I just say "I am sorry, but I have no cash on me", and I am telling the truth. I do all of my transactions with a debit or credit card and pay bills with electronic transfers. I haven't carried any cash in about 5 years.

• G R

money is money, it all adds up

• Abraham1 month agoReport

I explained that there's great chance no one has helped them out all day dumbass 

The Bible instructs us to give all who ask (but without being Foolish). 

anyway, what do they need to buy that they're not already getting from primarily Christian run Food Banks and mainly Catholic organized Homeless Shelters in addition to Government Welfare Benefits?

• Abraham2 months agoReport

Those places do not give you anywhere close to a sufficient amount of hygiene supliese or resources