Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

I am classified as a Natural Born U.S. Citizen? What are Natural Born Citizens and where were they born?

If I am classified as a Natural Born U.S. Citizen, what does that mean? Where are Natural Born U.S. Citizens born?

Does U.S. Territory mean the 50 States and US Territories?  Or does US Territory mean places ONLY, like Puerto Rico, Guam, etc.

Look it up.. WE are not here to do your school homework and research for you . After all you do Have a Computer and HOPEFULLY you are smart enough to know how to research it on your own.

• Foofa

You were either in the US or were born abroad of US citizens. Meaning you've been a US citizen since birth.

born anywhere to an american parent

• Lisa A

It means that you were a US citizen right from birth. They can be born anywhere.

That you are an automatic U.S. citizen as opposed to a first-generation immigrant.

Natural-born citizens are born to US citizens who have actually met US residency requirements to pass on their US citizenship to their offspring & properly registered their child's birth to US citizen while abroad, and it is also those born in the US.

William Rawle, formerly the U.S. Attorney for Pennsylvania (1791–1799) defined natural born citizen as every person born within the United States, regardless of the citizenship of their parents. ... [He] who was subsequently born the citizen of a State, became at the moment of his birth a citizen of the United States.

Being a "natural born US citizen" means you automatically obtained US citizenship at birth.  It is most often due to being born on US territory but can also be due to being born to one or two US citizen parents while abroad. 

it just means you were born in the us

• Nancy

It means that you are a person who was born a citizen rather than a citizen who was later naturalized. A natural born citizen of the United States can be born anywhere since the children of US citizens are natural born US citizens. I'm a natural born citizen of the United States and I was born in a small town in Germany as my American dad was working in Germany and my American mom was with him.