Why should we buyback assault weapons if they become illegal, if it’s illegal we shouldn’t pay you to hand it over?

That’s stupid the idea of a buyback. We need to ban ar15s and they need to be handed over. We’re not paying anyone for them, hand them over or go to jail for 15 years. I’m fine with either one.

• Best Answer

You can't buy back something i didn't purchase from you in the first place.

• 1 week ago

You're fine with either one: confiscate our private property or we go to jail for 15 years?  This smells a lot like you're in the Übermensch anti-intellectual branch of fascists. Glad I'm not Jewish!

friend the United States Constitution says that a person shall not be deprived of life liberty or property without due course of law. If you want my gun you can have it when I run out of bullets! Oh sure they'll kill me In The end but I'm well trained I'm a one shot one kill person. If you want my gun you can have it when I'm out of bullets.

i think we should get rid of guns altogether

• Nuff Sed
      1 week agoReport

First, we need to get rid of criminals, right?

Nope that's not how we do it. If we pass laws that make something illegal that was previously legal then we need to compensate those who are taking a loss. If we decide to force someone off their property in an Eminent domain case in order to build a badly needed hospital, we have to pay the owner for their property that is being taken from them.

The law would be unconstitutional.

That said, the last clause of the 4th amendment reads:

nor shall private property be taken without just compensation.

By your logic. I should be able to outlaw the style of your house, and kick you out without paying you anything.

You're not paying for them and we're not handing them over. If you try to disarm the country you are going to have a civil war on your hands. You can't put 20 million people in prison. And - I'll bet big money you cannot define what an assault rifle is without outlawing every semi-automatic weapon in America.

• Nuff Sed
      1 week agoReport

You make some good points, but it's not that difficult to "define what an assault rifle is", as demonstrated by several such (ineffective) laws already on the books.

What world army uses a semi-automatic "assault weapon"?

What a JAGOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• xyzzy

AR15s are not assault weapons. To be an assault weapon a firearm must be capable of selective fire. AR 15s are not capable of selective fire. AR does not stand for Assault Rifle it stands for ArmaLite Rifle model 15

come and get it. i'll hand it over after my magazines are all empty. Read the Second Amendment.