Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 4 weeks ago

Why are people obsessed with coffee?

I know people who drink 10 cups or more per day! I don't drink a single one and am happy cause I save $3000 per year by not drinking! 

I love drinking coffee especially every morning and late afternoon:) Drinking coffee doesn't have to be expensive. Me, i personally brew my coffee which makes me save a lot plus i get to control the sugar level.

For me, having a coffee means I'm taking a break. It's comforting. Whether I'm at work or at home, I always associate a coffee with relaxing. Of course I could say the same about alcohol or even a glass of milk, but coffee is pretty universal. Plus it takes time to consume. In a work setting it's nice to buy coffees for others, have someone surprise you with a coffee or get coffees for the boss or team. It's an inexpensive treat. That's how I see it, but perhaps the obsessed people you're thinking of are not what I am describing.

I'd question your savings estimate. Every morning I grind an even ounce of Starbucks French Roast. I buy it in 40 ounce packages at a cost of from $13.00 to $18.00. That brews 6 cups of coffee, of which I drink no more than half.

365 days divided by 40 pots come out to 9 1/8 packages a year, so I'm spending (assuming I buy 9.5 bags a year times an average of $16.00, I'm spending $152.00 a year on coffee. Add the sweetener and cream my wife uses, and we're still under $300.00. Maybe the problem is hiring someone to brew and flavor the coffee.

i'd say, good job on your savings!

cause they like the energy they get from it, i might drink one a day but i dont drink 10

You are so full of **** your eyes are probably brown. I Don't spend 3000 a year on gasoline. I sure has hell only spend about a 100/year on coffee and drink a liter a day give or take. 

Good for you. I'm not sure why you want to announce that to everyone. But cool.

• Linda

Some people really put the coffee away due to caffeine addiction and they like the wired up feeling that coffee produces. Good for you!

I make my own coffee and it doesn't cost me $3k per year.

I feel the same way. I've never had coffee.