Can I take off 10 days from McDonald’s to go to Florida ?

My family is planning a trip to Florida during Christmas week. I’m not sure if I can go or when to tell them. Would they be okay with me taking off over a week ? 

Hmm, Rachel, that's a very good question and thank you for asking.  I don't have the answer however, If I was your boss and read your question on here instead of asking me, I would tell you NO and your fired. If your this immature to have to ask the question here, your too young to be working period and now I know why my order is always messed up. Have you asked Mommy or Daddy what you should do?

Visit your nearby McDonald's and choose from a large menu of favorites, including McCafé® drinks, All Day Breakfast, tasty sandwiches, juicy burgers and more!

I agree with all the posters and especially Periferalist - the only way to know is to ask your employer but asking only 6 weeks out.........That's a major holiday and Christmas break for schools - most people have already planned their time off during this holiday months and months in advance

Early November is WAY too late to ask for 10 days time off from your minimum wage job when thinking about going on a vacation in December. You can go ahead and ask, but if you're told "Sorry, but you can't get that time off", you're stuck, unless you want to quit.

best to ask them.

MAYBE

You ask your Manager /Supervisor about the procedures for your location.

If you started work last week Doubtful you will get that much time off. You might get it off at NO PAY.

There are 37,000 locations they DO NOT all have the same busy periods or staffing needs. ASK your Supervisor.

MOST need to wait at least one year before they can have some vacation time. YOU DO NOT dictate when that time is.

• drip

Rather late to tell your boss you want off during a major busy time of the year,. Your family must of planned this trip before now.  You request off of work as soon as you know you need off of work. 

You request if off now, today. 

Are you willing to quit in order to go on the vacation? Know that answer.

Fast food places usually have a fast turn over of employees. You probably could find another job. 

I would tell your boss and put it in writing- send an email.

They may have enough employees who are willing to pick up extra hours around the holidays and this may not be a big deal. But you always request off as soon as you know you need off.

you need to ask your boss, i once when i was working in resorts, i was doing a work agreement in one place and transferring to their other place after and this was around christmas time, my brothers decided to get me and my sister tickets to go to uruguay where we were born to go see relatives, i told my job about it and they let me leave my work agreement a little earlier and the other place just let me start after i came back, you never know, they might be nice about it and let you go

• A C
      3 weeks agoReport

You were born in Uruguay?  How interesting!  

• Murzy

If you have a good boss, he will cover your shift.

• Jay

you should stay out of this state

• Lee2 weeks agoReport

Jay, you should leave the United States, that way, there's one less idiot in this GREAT country.