0.6 Ohm Resistor?

Removed this from a broken SMPS, if I’m reading the bands correctly it’s 0.6 ohms with 1% tolerance (4th band is silver not gold) 

; multimeter reads 6 ohms so I presume it’s bad.

Only problem is I can’t find a replacement anywhere so I’m doubting myself! Any help appreciated!

I make that a 7 ohm resistor, 10% tolerance, probably 1W

The 5 ring coding doesn't fit because the band at the end with the biggest gap is on the left side. The band on it's own would be the tolerance but black isn't a valid value and silver isn't valid as a resistance digit.

Suggest you look for a resistor with the same or similar coding in the circuit. Disconnect one lead and measure that.

• Zardoz

The biggest gap isn't always so. Especially on a five band, coarse bodied resistor. You're discounting several hard lines of evidence to favor a weak one. Black (0), Violet (7), Black (0) times Silver (.01) = 070 x 0.01 =  0.7Ω The fifth band is brown (±1%) fits. Good suggestion though.

• Zardoz

I see no blue band. I see violet.

Source(s): [n] = 10ⁿ