Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

I asked a girl to marry me as a joke and she answers YES! Am I obligated to marry her???

I just like to ask strangers to marry me as a joke and one said YES and thinks I am being serious. Do I have to marry her????

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes you creep you asked now you marry her

• Lita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, you don't have to marry her. It was joke. A joke is not a serious proposal and she should realize that.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not in my culture but different societies have different opinions on this.

• 1 month ago

No, but you'd be advised to stop being a jerk before someone's big brother beats the living crap out of you. Toying with women's feelings is the mark of a real asshole.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jade
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I'm sure she doesn't think you're actually serious if it's a stranger you just met

• 1 month ago

Seems like the joke is on you.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

And your nominee for YA Stupid Question of the Day is..........

• 1 month ago

No, but you need to politely tell the girl that you were only kidding, and weren't really serious. Thank her if she says she was serious, but remind her that you don't know anything about each other, and it wouldn't be fair to her to marry a stranger on a whim. You might then ask her if she would like to go out on a date with you, if you find she is attractive and you are sincerely interested in striking up a personal relationship with her. I suspect that if you were just asking her to marry you as you were passing on the street, that she also might think it's just a joke and keep on walking.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

thats up to you but i wouldnt joke about it if youre not serious

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Are you seriously asking this question?

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I doubt it very much. It's just one of the usual trolls/time-wasters.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.