Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 weeks ago

Living with inlaws?

I’m tired of being in a house with in-laws what can I do there is no privacy I’m tired of it ! My boyfriend isn’t ready to leave his mom he think she will take sick after he leaves what about our relationship ? He’s 32 I’m 20

• You are NOT married, you need to move out and repent ASAP before you go the HELL. I sure hope you were not fornicating in there.

• Kelly
    1 week ago

Privacy is a luxury when you live with other people regardless of who they are.  You'd have this issue if you had kids, if you had roommates and things like that.

His situation is what it is regardless of any reason for it and if it's bothersome for you...  this isn't the right situation for you.

These are bf's parents, not in-laws.  In-laws are for people who are married.

He's also too old for you.

• Foofa
    1 week ago

For one thing if you've got both in-laws and a boyfriend you should probably divorce your husband before you do anything else (because you apparently prefer the company of the boyfriend). But yeah, romances rarely survive living with the 'rents so you're right to not want to do that. Sadly for you no one here can make this guy grow up. You should probably just move out and tell him that if he ever grows a spine you'll consider a reconciliation.

Question is why did you move in with him?

You two should have your own place and living alone.. He has obviously been at home most of his adult life, what makes you believe it will change? Does he even have a job, or are the the one supporting the two of you?

• sirjester099
      1 week agoReport

You said in the heading message that you live with your boyfriend and you are sick of your in-laws. (which aren't your in-laws) You either live with your boyfriend or you do not.. If he is handicapped it obviously means he doesn't work/have a job. Is this what you want for the rest of your life?

Oh boy it's an answer for Dr.Phil

OMG OMG I have a solution (first they are not your in laws or anything else to you) so MOVE THE HELL OUT AND GET YOUR OWN PLACE ALONE.

What kind of a real man in his thirties is still living with mommy and daddy instead of have a place of their own?  Right a deadbeat!

First, these aren't inlaws.  They're your bf's parents.  

Second, did anything cross your mind when you started dating a 32 year old who won't leave mommy?   Did anything cross your mind when you made the rather strange  choice to move in with bf and mommy?   Anything at all?!?

C'mon, this is just silly stuff.  You don't sound stupid, so make better decisions.  At 20, I was having a blast, living with some friends and learning about being an independent young woman.   You, on the other hand, are....living with bf's mommy because a grown man can't leave her side.  Ish ish.

• sirjester099
      1 week agoReport

At age 20 you should have been in college and not screw-balling around with your friends.

You probably have 2 dead end jobs, 3 kids, and a deadbeat husband!
      Crawling in the dirt isn't independence and certainly isn't anything to brag about..
      I'll see how long it takes you to spin what I said lol

Why are you referring to these people as your in-laws?   They aren't.

If you don't want to live with your bf's mum, you're free to leave anytime you wish. 

"what about our relationship ?"  What about it?  The two of you want different things.   You're incompatible and are just wasting time. 

#1 - They are NOT your in laws, they are your boyfriends parents (if you are stupid enough to marry him someday, then they'll be your in laws).  #2 - Your boyfriend probably lives with his mommy and daddy - because it's FREE - so he sounds like a loser.  Either lose this guy - or get used to living with them - and accept that you'll never have any privacy ever again.

Dump the guy. He is a momma's boy loser using you for cheap sex.