Ben
Ben asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 4 weeks ago

For certain South Korea born Koreans living in the USA with an English name, they were born with just a Korean name in such cases?

a) yes

b) no

• Andrew

This is not the first time that you've asked this question, and it's been answered satisfactorily enough so that it doesn't need to be asked and answered again. 

Let's recap, if you are SOUTH KOREAN BORN, it means that you were born in a country where people are given a KOREAN NAME at birth. You know why? Because the parents of KOREAN children don't know whether or not their kids are ever going to emigrate to another country. That's why they don't give them an English name, a French name, a German name, a Spanish name and a Chinese name, just to be on the safe side. If you're born in SOUTH KOREA, you get a KOREAN NAME. Makes sense, right? 

Okay, if you're still with me here, just because someone uses a name, that doesn't mean that the name has any official status at all. There are plenty of taxi drivers and tour guides living in places like Cairo and Cambodia who use a Western-sounding name because they deal with a lot of foreigners on a regular basis. That doesn't mean that they officially change their name. I could start calling myself "Jae-Min" or "Hakim" or "Pedro" tomorrow and it wouldn't matter, so long as I didn't try to sign an official document using it. I can introduce myself however I like. 

This really isn't a difficult concept to understand, and it's been explained to you before. It can only be hoped that this logical simplification will suffice in quelling your obsession with such a pedestrian topic. 

• .

Hello, Ben.

People from Asian countries like China, Japan, and Korea, do not have middle names.