Do you have info on this artist?

I won this graphic many years ago on a cruise. It is 162/400 by J Johnson. Does anyone recognize it?

No I don't know

It's priceless.....

I know it has no value or the ship would not have given it away. With such a common name how can I just get further info on the artist? It was given by Princess and they went out of the art business and switched over to a private art company years ago.

Actually I hate it but it was the best of the 5 choices I had. It was free.

• Speed

Cruise lines have a deserved bad reputation for elevating the value of the art they sell or auction. Without looking into who the artist is, I feel pretty safe saying the piece's sole value is in your enjoyment at seeing it and/or the pleasant memories of your cruise it brings.

Several cruise lines have faced lawsuits claiming fraud over art prices. I don't know the outcomes. I remember reading a lengthy article about it maybe two or three years back, after answering a question similar to yours from a woman who was insulted at the low price a gallery offered for her cruise original.

looks like a modern commercial piece. i'm sure it'll look great in your bathroom, but don't expect it to have real value.