What is BREXIT?

sorry I've been living under a rock

It was an attempt by former British PM Cameron to gain support. He proposed a referendum to ask the Brits whether they want to stay in the EU or leave, thinking that Brits will vote no and in the process he becomes more popular as a PM. Russians secretly supported the Brexit campaign and it passed. But now Brits have second thoughts (million plus demonstrated in London against Brexit) and so parliament cannot find an agreement to get out of the EU that satisfies the voters.

Right now Brexit supporters are those who are anti-immigrant, and people who are worried about the negative economic impact of Brexit and the more racially tolerant young people oppose Brexit. Boorish Johnson, the Donal Trump clone and the current PM, wants to ram Brexit down the throats of the Brits, but so far he has not been successful.

The word is a stupid made-up name for the UK Leaving (Britain-Exiting) the EU.   I for one refuse to use this word.   For me, this is Leaving or Remaining.

This question would have been better posted under Politics, or similar.

• Bob

Richard has been living under such a big rock that he's asking about Brexit in the Pets/Reptiles section.

Richard, honestly mate, you really don't want to know about Brexit at this point. When they say that Ignorance is Bliss, they weren't wrong.

Crawl back under your rock, my friend. Stick your fingers in your ears and loudly proclaim "La La La" I can't hear you!" and only re-emerge when all this is over.

It's the name of a latter day insanity. Only Brits are afflicted.