Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 month ago

How long before the wedding should you book the DJ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have your heart set on someone in particular then I would book them as soon as you set your date (meaning, you’ve signed contracts and put down deposits for your reception venue and your church/temple/ceremony venue).

If it’s just another vendor to add to your list, then you should be able to find someone about 6-8 months out. You can certainly wait longer if you wish but depending on your wedding date it may be slim pickins by then. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

My FH is in the business and he says at least six months.  Hope this helps and congratulations on your upcoming marriage Good Luck!

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I'd look into them as soon as you book your venue. Your venue for a fee may even be able to supply one. Even if you don't go with theirs or they don't have one, they may have lists of them that they partner with at times.

Some popular DJ's can book a year or more in advance. Make sure whomever you consider to look at reviews for them.

The DJ/band/MC is the person who has the most interaction with your guests as a vendor so that's someone you need to have an outgoing personality, can mingle with guests, can get guests engaged, etc.

• 1 month ago

There's no set amount of time.  I guess the best way to put it is, once you have your venue secured, there's no reason to hold off on it.   In some parts of the country, good DJ's can get booked a year out.   Same applies to photographers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Call the DJ you have in mind right now to ask about your dates and ask how soon you'd need to put down a deposit. Different DJs will have different availabilities and policies on booking.

• 1 month ago

If you have a strong preference for one, book as soon as you have set the date time and location. And confirm again nearer to the event but in time to find another if need be.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As soon as you have set the date and venue for the wedding / reception.  A good DJ can book up fast. 

Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends when you get married.  October has been the most popular wedding month for the past two years running.  Of course summer months like June and August are also common.

If you get married in December or January, there should be a ton of openings for a wedding DJ.   Most people don't choose those months.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you know who you want, earlier is better as spots fill up.  6 months is not too early.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.