Looking for one wireless router that would cover the hole house?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • GTB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

probably will never be found; the issue is not the wireless access point that is part of the router; the issue is the range of wireless coverage which is dependent on numerous variables. Larger houses need more than 1 wireless access point

• 1 month ago

If house is large, then get a mesh system like Eero

If house is smaller, then name brand 802.11ac system.

Put on your list of features automatic code updates.  RUN, don't walk away from routers that do not do that because unupdated routers are a favorite target of hackers and the like.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No-one will give you any guarantees as to a suitable router, depends on the size of the house , thickness of walls, any electrical interference, position of the router etc. Also depends on the quality of wifi adapters in your equipment etc. You would be better getting a wifi mesh system for more guaranteed coverage

• Southpaw
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Wi-Fi mesh is the way to go as you say, but it is usually called something more saleable by the ISPs, such as "Whole Home" or similar.

• P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You would need a AC1900 or higher rated router.  

I have a Tenda Ac15 which covers my entire house 2300 sf house and 1000 sf basement.  Strangely it works best located in my basement if you have the flexibility to try different places.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0143HBZMW/ref=cm_sw_em_... 

For larger homes I would recommend a Netgear Orbi Mesh system which effectively works as a single router with multiple nodes.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K4CZOBS/ref=cm_sw_em_... 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DON W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Unless you have a very large house that is widely spread out, most wireless routers on the market should provide coverage.

• 1 month ago

show me wireless routers

• Southpaw
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Please do not answer your own question, it is against the rules of this forum

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.